Friday, January 21, 2011

Suzanne Vega I am Bummed

Today was to the the culmination of a ridiculous amount of man hours spent getting ready to host the first recording of The Folk Scene Radio Hour of Suzanne Vega this afternoon in the space I have been building. Instead we all were dressed up with nowhere to go once we found out that due to circumstances unclear she had missed her flight from the east coast to get out here in time. All was not lost however we had a great time sitting in the new room talking about music and life and getting to know each other all the better which in my book is fine.
Miss Vega is someone who I have had the pleasure of listening to since I was a young boy and was very excited to have the chance to meet her in such an intimate setting that I had a hand in creating. I am sure there will be many more such disappointments going forward in life I just hope someday I can meet Suzanne Vega.

No comments: