Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where I left off was several months and miles ago...

So now here I am again like a whale resurfacing for air I come to Blogspot to full ya'll in and hopefully be more conscientious about this thing.  I was driving west on highway 70 out of the wondrously wooly wide open spaces of the western Colorado slope when I remembered wise words from my uncle John and pulled off in Grand Junction to buy a can of fix a flat and something else that I can't recall at the moment but I do remember that I was listening to the radio and the Del McCrory Band was being interviewed and playing some tunes one of which is my favorites by a British artist named Richard Thompson the song was '52 Vincent. The original is a very folksy tale of a motorbike, it's owner and a red head named Molly I won't spoil the end but its agoodun. Anyway it sticks in my mind because a bluegrass version of it makes sense but only a voice like Del could pull it through. This tangent serves two points; first its music and second I'm antsy at this point in my journey to get out to LA and see what my fortune holds. 
   The next roadside attraction was of course Green River which I doubt is the same city and state as I am sure there are a few, but see there's this CCR tune about Green River and I was hoping that the muse of serendipity would cue ti up on the radio as I drove quickly by, she didn't. Somewhere south of there I picked up the 15 which sends one down the road of no return if you have a gambling problem cause once your on 15 you don't want to stop until you hit the big lights.  Much to the dismay of some of my friends I didn't stop in any of the national parks of which in this particular sector of the country there are an abundance of (on the way back?). I am not sure as to the name of it but 15 passes through a range that I have definitely seen portrayed as a series of old 50's Chevy's with their grills point up to the sky it looks just like that minus the definition of car front ends. More like flying saucers laying one on the next as if they were knocked off kilter in an uproarious game of dominos where the aliens lost to the dinosaurs and then were eaten and the ships turned to stone but I digress. And might I add still very good at run on sentences, did I ever tell you about the time that.....

No comments: