Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bunganut Pig and the madnss off batteries

(continued...)    Just off the exit to the highway I found a little gas station that was closed but had a scissor-lift parked in front of their little "mart"so I snugged my little truck up next to it. In my thoughts it seemed like a pickup next to a piece of construction equipment would go unnoticed to whom ever would care be they employee or police... I was correct; however I didn't account for the ringing in my ear so I decided that some late night talk radio would help me to doze off...
Now I may be 6'4" but some how I have managed to figure out how to pretty comfortably curl my frame onto the bench seat of my little Dodge Dakota I however did not remember that I had a weak battery... I left the radio on... 
The truck started up when I woke up in the morning and I got back on the highway and the snow was blowing hard all around my swaying carriage. By the time I got to Nashville the weather had calmed down and the sun was out just in time to grab lunch with my good friend Femke and catch up on all the excitement in her life... seems she gets a new award or accolade just about every other month for her songwriting. Then it was south down to Franklin to find the couch I would be crashing on. I found the house no problem took and nap and got ready to head over to my gig that night walked out to start my truck and noooooo I had left the headlights on and killed the last of the battery...
Mad dash to the auto parts store with a ride from my friend Mark, (who originally hails from Summit, NJ) and now plays bass for all sorts of interesting musicians around Nashville.
Got to the gig 20 minutes late but all was well.
New friends all around at the show and it was the first time I've had the other musicians from the bill come up to me and buy my album!
Great day.


No comments: