Saturday, March 30, 2013

Charlotte - the long night...

From a distance the Wachovia building in downtown Charlotte looks a lot like the tower of Sauron so as I approached the city I felt the need to duck behind the wheel so as not to be seen by the eye! Also to be noted when traveling to Charlotte, if you park on one of the main streets there beware that the lights all become no left turn at 5 pm... which can make going around a corner a 20 minute affair ... 
Once loaded to Connolly's on 5th it began to rain which put a damper on the turn out for the night well that and Bon Jovi was playing down the street. All in all I managed to entertain those that did show up I made some new friends from Maine.. packed up the truck and decided to hit the road.
Nashville isn't that close but I figured I could sleep in a rest stop along the way.. which I did.  I stopped at about 2 am and got 2-3 hours of sleep curled up on the bench seat of my pickup... which is not a really easy feat at my height. For added bonus I left the radio on to lull me into dreamland which was fine until I got to Nashville and the battery died :(

No comments: